1. About Us
Askawayhealth is a health information communication online portal. It is a product of Alevyn Ltd, UK. The latter has its registered office at 86-90 Paul Street Paul Street, London, EC2A 4NE.
1.1. Our goal
To leverage online technology via www.askawayhealth.org to provide information and advice to adults aged 18 years and above especially in underserved and marginalised communities and to signpost them to appropriate services.
2. Important Notice
While the information and advice provided through our portal is by well trained, qualified, and licensed healthcare practitioners, we expressly state that it does not in any way replace medical consultations with your doctor. Our remote/online services do not provide specific diagnosis of any condition (since we do not have access to your full medical history and other details required to do so,) treatment or prescriptions. Please note that our service is not suitable for any medical emergency and or for conditions that require physical consultation and examination. Call emergency services if you are having a medical emergency.
3. We have applied the following definitions in this “T & Cs” document
- “Health information” means texts as blogs and newsletters, and videos on health-related issues that you can access from our website.
- “Advice” means any medical information that any of our healthcare practitioners provide in writing by email or other methods of communication, concierge, and signposting to appropriate medical services as well as social and green prescription.
- “Concierge” means digital services that provide personalised solutions tailored to address a specific problem by working with a trained and experienced healthcare practitioner to address, explore and discover the most effective solutions tailored to the needs of the service user. This may include help with understanding and interpreting tests or other medical information, and support with understanding and navigating life with your health condition.
- “Healthcare practitioner or clinician or doctors” means a qualified doctor registered with the General Medical Council (GMC), that provides independent healthcare information and advisory services through our portal. Any communication with our clinicians does not represent a physician-patient relationship.
- “Service user or subscriber or customer” means anyone who accesses healthcare information, advice, and other services through our website or portal.
- “Account” is created at registration by a service user to access paid for services and contents that may not be available to non-fee-paying service users.
4. Eligibility for this service
Any person who is 18 years and above seeking for general healthcare information and requiring the services that are provided via this portal or website.
5. About payment
6. Accessing services
The services of AskAwayHealth are provided online at www.askawayhealth.org. The website/portal can be accessed on a smart mobile phone, a laptop, and a desktop that has Internet connection and an up-to-date operating system and browser.
7. Responsible use of Website/Portal and Services
You shall not use our services for any unlawful and fraudulent purposes or if it causes you to become agitated and anxious. If we discover that your usage of our website and services are in breach of our “T & Cs” and UK laws and policies, we reserve the right to suspend and if necessary, to terminate your Account. We will, however, retain on our records information on your Account and your activities with us for reference purposes. We will report you to the relevant law enforcement authorities in the UK if found in serious breach of our T & C’s.
8. Our right to update and edit our Website/Portal
We reserve the right to edit and update our “T & Cs” at any time without prior information and notice to our customers.
9. Service user’s Responsibility, Consent, and the use of our Website and Services
The services that we provide on our website depend on the consent of our users and the disclosure of relevant information as accurately and truthfully as possible. The service user understands and agrees that the information that you provide to us is accurate and honest and that they avoid misinformation which may affect the decisions and advice that our healthcare practitioners provide. Our service will not be liable to any loss or damage that you may suffer from the advice by our healthcare practitioners based on inaccurate and false information that you provide.
10. Your doctor
The service that we provide does not replace or substitute your regular doctor. The service that is provided via this portal is only a complement for the clinical care that you receive from your regular doctor. It includes general health information, lifestyle advice, explanations and guidance on specific symptoms and understanding the condition or relevant treatments. We do not offer diagnosis, treatment or prescription services.
11. Your Warranties and Undertaking
By registering on our website and using our services, you warrant and agree that you are and adult aged 18 years and above and have capacity to do so. The service user undertakes that they will, as soon as possible, notify our service of any incomplete or inaccurate information that they may have provided to us. The service user undertakes that they will maintain the privacy and security of their medical information and will not allow any unauthorised access to the information in their registered Account.
12. Limitation of Liability
There is nothing in these “T & Cs” that limit our services from liability that may be caused by the negligence of our healthcare professional or service under the applicable laws of the UK; and nothing in these “T & Cs” limits your statutory rights. Our service will not be liable for any disruptions and circumstances beyond our control that results in a breach of our “T & Cs”. To the extent permissible by law, our service, doctor(s) or any of the third parties or partners involved in providing your care shall not be liable for any loss, distress or damage that your reliance on our services may cause following any disruptions. Our service is distinct from the third parties involved in providing care to you and we will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or failures of such third parties. To the fullest extent permissible by law our service disclaims any liability from the information and advice provided by healthcare professionals on our portal. In all circumstances, and without prejudice, our total liability in connection with the services that we deliver to you under these T & Cs contract, including claims for negligence, shall not exceed £50.
13. The Content on our Website
We have taken due care to ensure that the information on our website is based on current medical knowledge and is accurate for the purpose of general information to the people who visit our website and our service users. However, the information on our website/portal does not replace advice from a doctor. Always consult with the doctor for your health care needs. We do not claim that the information on our website will always be accurate without errors. We, therefore, do not take responsibility for materials that you access from links to our website.
14. Intellectual Property
The contents on our website are our intellectual property and are protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights. For general information and for using our services, we grant you a non-exclusive and non-transferable right to accessing our website and services. You must not use our website and our services in an unauthorised and unlawful way. You must treat the contents and tools on our website as commercially sensitive.
Communication between you and us will mainly be done electronically by email. You agree to and accept the electronic communication of these “T & Cs”, and other notices, as you will accept paper-based contracts and communication as legally binding in so far as it does not supersede your statutory rights. You may however communicate to us by post, if need be, at Alevyn Ltd, UK (re: askawayhealth.org), 3rd Floor, 86-90 Paul Street Paul Street, London, EC2A 4NE.
We take complaints seriously to safeguard our service users and our staff and to enable us to continuously improve to best serve our users. Therefore, we treat every complaint urgently to address the issues raised. If you have any complaints send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To meet our obligations under the UK general data protection regulation, regarding the security and safety of the data that we control and process, and your rights as an identifiable living person, your privacy is important to us.
17.1. The information we collect
To register and create an account with us, we collect some of your personal data. We use a third party to manage the payment for the services that we provide, so it is third parties that process your financial information.
17.2. How we use personal information
We use personal information to create a user-specific account and to administer user accounts. We also use personal information and feedback to improve your user experience and if you have subscribed to send to you regular information regarding health via our newsletters, blogs, and vlogs. We may also use personal information to invite you to livestream where we discuss health matters. We also use personal information to carry out surveys. We use personal information for our internal research and development, and for internal audits. We are also legally obligated to store personal information as part of our health records keeping.
17.3. Our legal basis for processing your personal data
The following are our legal and lawful basis for processing your data (some of which are under the special category data such as biometric data and health data):
- We provide online healthcare services to adults aged 18 years and above who can make an informed decision to consent to freely provide personal information to us specifically for the provision of health care services to the individual. By checking the privacy statement and the terms and conditions on our portal, you consent to providing personal information to enable us take care of your health and improve your user experience.
- The provision of online services by us depends on registering and creating an account with us. The service that we provide is based on terms and conditions which you are required to accept to access our service, which serves as a contractual agreement. Please note that to serve you well, we may deploy and rely on technology for automated decision making.
- It is in our legitimate interest to utilise the personal information that you provide by using our portal for the purpose of providing person-specific information and advice. It is in your interest as well as our interest to collect your personal information for your safeguarding while access our services for which we have a duty of care and duty of candour.
- The service user has the right to update, regularise, and view your personal information with us.
17.4. When can we share personal data
We collect and process your personal data only to provide services and to improve user-experience. Financial information regarding the payment for our services is done via a third-party payment provider. We will treat personal data confidentially and will not share your personal data with any third-party without your permission. We will share your personal information if required by a court of law in the UK and if required by law for safeguarding purposes.
17.5. Storage, security, and processing of personal data
The personal information that we collect, and process is stored in a secure cloud sever. We ensure that our computer systems are password protected with privileged access, have up to date software, security and firewalls, and our portal is properly encrypted.
17.6. How long we keep your personal data
You have the right to discontinue your account with us when you want to. We may, when possible, send email reminders to opt in or out regarding the renewal of your account. Where your personal information is no longer necessary and it is not possible to continue to keep personal information for longer, we will (in compliance with the UK data protection laws) safely destroy any personal information.
17.7. Your rights in relation to personal data
You have a right to access and control your personal data including to correct and update information.
17.8. Automated decision-making
To serve you well, we may at some point deploy and rely on technology for automated decision making.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies Always Active
These cookies are active during a browsing session and are strictly necessary for our portal to work i.e., enable you to log in, register and for online security. They expire once you close your browser or sign out of our portal.
- First Party Performance Cookies Always Active
These cookies help us count the number of people visiting our portal. They also help us track how people are using our portal. The information that these cookies provide, help us improve the functioning of our portal and user experience.
- Third Party Performance Cookies
These are cookies set by third parties to help us count the number of people visiting our portal. They also help us track how people are using our portal. The information that these cookies provide, help us improve the functioning of our portal and user experience.
- Functional Cookies
These cookies help us to know when a visitor returns to our portal, so that we can provide personalised content that fits their preferences. There are both first- and third-party sessions and persistent cookies.
- Targeting Cookies
These cookies keep record of visitors to our portal i.e., the pages and links that they clicked on or visited and can be used to track the movement of a user across different websites. These cookies are usually third party and are persistent.
17.10 Linking to other websites
You may find links to other websites and resources on our portal. Please note that these links do not in any way constitute endorsement, and we do not take any responsibility for the contents and activities on these websites, resources, or portals.
18. General Provisions
Our “T & Cs” shall continue to apply in full even after the suspension and cancellation of your Account. Your accrued rights and liabilities and ours shall continue to apply after the suspension and cancellation. There is no understanding or implication under these “T & Cs” to enforce its provisions by a third party. We reserve the right to transfer the rights and obligations in these “T & Cs” to our assigns and successors without your consent. The delay in the exercise of the rights in these “T & Cs” shall not constitute a waiver. The “T & Cs” supersedes and ends all previous agreements, promises, assurances, warranties, and understandings between you and us, and constitute the entire agreement between you and us.
19. Legal Jurisdiction
This Agreement is entered under the laws of England and Wales. The Courts of England and Wales shall have jurisdiction in case of any dispute that may arise from these “T & Cs.”
Next update: 28 March 2030