Before registering to create an account with us and to use our services you are required to read this privacy statement. This statement sets out our obligations under the UK general data protection regulation, regarding the security and safety of the data that we control and process, and your rights as an identifiable living person.
Askawayhealth is a health information communication online portal. It is a product of Alevyn Ltd, UK. The latter has its registered office at 86-90 Paul Street Paul Street, London, EC2A 4NE. It provides healthcare information and other services to adult aged 18 years and above.
To meet our obligations under the UK general data protection regulation, regarding the security and safety of the data that we control and process, and your rights as an identifiable living person, your privacy is important to us.
The information we collect
To register and create an account with us, we collect some of your personal data. We use a third party to manage the payment for the services that we provide, so it is third parties that process your financial information.
How we use personal information
We use personal information to create a user-specific account and to administer user accounts. We also use personal information and feedback to improve your user experience and if you have subscribed to send to you regular information regarding health via our newsletters, blogs, and vlogs. We may also use personal information to invite you to livestreams or webinars where we discuss health matters. We also use personal information to carry out surveys. We use personal information for our internal research and development, and for internal audits. We are also legally obligated to store personal information as part of our health records keeping.
Our legal basis for processing your personal data
The following are our legal and lawful basis for processing your data (some of which are under the special category data such as biometric data and health data):
- We provide online healthcare services to adults aged 18 years and above who can make an informed decision to consent to freely provide personal information to us specifically for the provision of health care services to the individual. By checking the privacy statement and the terms and conditions on our portal, you consent to providing personal information to enable us take care of your health and improve your user experience.
- The provision of online services by us depends on registering and creating an account with us. The services that we provide is based on terms and conditions which you are required to accept to access our services, which serves as a contractual agreement. Please note that to serve you well, we may deploy and rely on technology for automated decision making
- It is in our legitimate interest to utilise the personal information that you provide by using our portal for the purpose of providing person-specific information and advice. It is in your interest as well as our interest to collect your personal information for your safeguarding while access our services for which we have a duty of care and duty of candour.
- The service user has the right to update, regularise, and view your personal information with us.
When can we share personal data
We collect and process your personal data only to provide services and to improve user-experience. Financial information regarding the payment for our services is done via a third-party payment provider. We will treat personal data confidentially and will not share your personal data with any third-party without your permission. We will share your personal information if required by a court of law in the UK and if required by law for safeguarding purposes.
Storage, security, and processing of personal data
The personal information that we collect, and process is stored in a secured cloud sever. We ensure that our computer systems are password protected with privileged access, have up to date software, security and firewalls, and our portal is properly encrypted.
How long we keep your personal data
You have the right to discontinue your account with us when you want to. We may, when possible, send email reminders to opt in or out regarding the renewal of your account. Where your personal information is no longer necessary and it is not possible to continue to keep personal information for longer, we will in compliance with the UK data protection laws safely destroy any personal information.
Your rights in relation to personal data
You have a right to access and control their personal data including to correct and update information.
To serve you well, we may at some point deploy and rely on technology for automated decision making.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies Always Active
These cookies are active during a browsing session and are strictly necessary for our portal to work i.e., enable you to log in, register and for online security. They expire once you close your browser or sign out of our portal.
- First Party Performance Cookies Always Active
These cookies help us count the number of people visiting our portal. They also help us track how people are using our portal. The information that these cookies provide, helps us improve the functioning of our portal and user experience.
- Third Party Performance Cookies
These are cookies set by third parties to help us count the number of people visiting our portal. They also help us track how people are using our portal. The information that these cookies provide, help us improve the functioning of our portal and user experience.
- Functional Cookies
These cookies help us to know when a visitor returns to our portal, so that we can provide personalised content that fits their preferences. There are both first- and third-party sessions and persistent cookies.
- Targeting Cookies
These cookies keep record of visitors to our portal i.e., the pages and links that they clicked on or visited and can be used to track the movement of a user across different websites. These cookies are usually third party and are persistent.
Linking to other websites
You may also find links to other websites, resources, and portals on our portal. Please note that these links do not in any way constitute endorsement, and we do not take any responsibility for the contents and activities on these websites, resources, or portals.
Next update: 28 March 2030